1840 – 1963
Farm tenanted by the Boden family.
More information being added soon.
1963 – 1990
Denstone Hall Farm with its 120 acres, was purchased by T.B. Boden and Son. Following the purchase, the farm steadily developed to its present size of 428 acres, two thirds owned and one third rented. During this time the dairy herd developed with significant investment during the 1970’s, taking the herd to 320 cows. A B&B opened by David’s wife Joyce in 1986 helped support the business through 20 years in agriculture – some of those years were challenging!
Diversified out of dairy and the beef herd was started.
1996 – 2006
The beef herd increased to 60. The farm became self-sufficient, growing cereals and forage crops for the livestock enterprise.
2007 – 2013
Emma and Rupert gave up their corporate careers in London and moved back to Staffordshire to launch their new venture, a farm shop and café in the converted milking parlour building. The success of the farm shop and café continued to grow year-on-year and a plan of action was swiftly put into place to move into a custom built Farm Shop and Café next to the existing shop.
The brand new Denstone Hall Farm Shop and Café opened on October 19th with fantastic reviews, more awards, lots more homemade produce and an influx of staff with great customer service skills.