This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our customers.
Denstone Hall is situated in the village of Denstone with views over rolling hills and Weaver Hills beyond. We provide home-made, local and artisan food from our Farm Shop, Deli and Café as well a lovely Gift shop. Also on site are 3 other retail outlets, a beautiful Interiors shop, a Florist and Boutique. Located between Uttoxeter (7 miles) and Alton, Denstone is on the main bus routes from Cheadle and Uttoxeter and is approximately 5 minute walk from the village centre bus stop. The approach is level with the need to cross one busy road. The car park is largely gravel with paved paths from the disabled parking bays. The approach to the shop itself is level with no steps at the entrance or throughout the shop and café. We have a fully wheelchair accessed loo for customers. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01889 590050 or email email@example.com
- For full details of how to reach us, please visit the Find Us page on our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours (ST14 5HF) and that website will offer you travel options.
- The nearest railway station is Uttoxeter which is approximately 7 miles away. Taxis are available from the station and can be pre booked, please see contact details above.
- The nearest Bus Stop is in the centre of the village, please ask the bus driver to stop at the Village Hall. There is a bench next to the official bus stop where you can sit while waiting. Please note, not all buses have wheelchair access. For further information, please visit www.trentbarton.co.uk, www.stokebus.info or www.firstgroup.com.
- The Farm Shop car park is level and covered in gravel with paved paths from the car park to the entrance.
- There are no steps to the entrance or throughout the building. The front entrance is usually propped open and if not, is manual with vertical handrails.
- We can assist should you need any help to enter the Farm Shop.
The Farm Shop, Café and Patio Areas
- The shop, deli and café areas are accessed with level entry from the main entrance.
- All areas have level access throughout with level exit through the doors to the patio seating at the back of the café.
- There is wide access around shelving in the shop and deli. There is some restriction in access width in the smaller gift area.
- We can assist should you need help in the gift area or to reach items to buy or browse.
- The café has a mix of seating with soft sofas and armchairs as well as high backed chairs (without arms) and backless benches. Tables and chairs are well spaced apart in the café. Each table has floor to surface height 770 mm.
- Lighting throughout the shop and café is mostly daylight through large windows and patio doors. There is also lighting from LED strips and hanging shaded lights (in Café).
- The flooring is flat tile in the shop and deli and hard wood flooring in the café. The patio is fully flat paved and level.
- In the Café, the service is usually from a low level counter and food and drinks will be served at your table.
- We do our best to cater for dietary requirements with gluten free items always on offer. Please speak to our staff on the day or contact us in advance to discuss your requirements.
- Large print menus are available and specials on the day are listed on the blackboards. All staff are happy to run through menus with you.
- Crockery is a mix of white and blue and white and will contrast with the pine table tops.
- We play background music in the shop which is kept at a low volume.
- Customer toilets, including a unisex accessible toilet, are access through a level, wheelchair accessible corridor at the back of the shop.
- The accessible toilet has an entrance door width of 930 mm with level entry from the corridor.
- The toilet height is 470 mm
- There are hand rails adjacent to the toilet.
- There is a low level mirror, sink and hand drying facilities.
- There is an emergency pull cord.
- There is a patio and grasses area for outside dining during the warmer months. This is access through patio doors or a wide side door on a level surface.
- The patio area is flat and paved and all on one level.
- The seating is a mix of benches and chairs, some with arm rests. All seating can be arranges to suit your needs.
- The height of the outside tables is 750 mm
- Customers order at the low level counter in the café with full service to the outside tables.
- Staff are on hand to offer assistance.
- All our staff receive regular training including disability awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures; accessibility is taken into account as part of our fire assessment. Should you require assistance someone will come to your table and help you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available just outside the side entrance for assistance dogs.
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access is available throughout the restaurant.
- We are currently updating our website which we plan to make more accessible. We would welcome your feedback to assist us in this project.
- As we develop our garden and river trails we plan to make them accessible and again welcome your feedback to assist us with this.
Address: Main Road, Denstone, Staffordshire, ST14 5HF
Telephone: 01889 590050
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Saturdays 8.30am to 5.30pm
Sundays 9am to 4pm
(Bank Holidays are the same as Sundays).
Local Taxi firms: Uttoxeter Taxis 01889 569116